Saturday, April 18, 2015

Disha - One of the Best things that happened to me recently

Disha - A Guiding light (https://www.facebook.com/DishaBharat , http://dishabharat.org/)

About an year ago, Kshama akka called me up and asked me to attend an orientation session for Disha, an NGO that strives for value based initiatives in education. This has always been topic of my prime interest and without any hesitation, i blocked my calendar for the event. Little did I know that - It was one of the best things that had happened to me in recent past. It is an honor for me to be associated with such motivated, focused, learned scholars, humble souls. Soon after that I was called upon for my duty to council about 20+ final year degree students of a reputed college about values in life. This experience   thought me more than I could ever give back.






 


About a month or so after that, RSS organised a mega event called - Samartha Bharatha. I wanted to participate as a delegate and I did participate in the event. Along with that, as part of Disha, we oriented about 130 delegates - perspective nationalist volunteers about Disha's initiatives.  It is great that several such people joined their hands with Disha following Samartha Bharath event. :)

 
After Samartha Bharatha event, Disha continued its work, But I was not able to attend several events because of work schedule and other commitments. Until, Disha along with a reputed college in Bangalore planned to organised a mega event showcasing Value initiatives in institutions of higher learning - key to youth empowerment. We prepped ourselves to be the foot soldiers and committed to a plan and executed it to best of our capabilities. During this course, I came in contact with several renowned academicians (including Vice Chancellors) from various universities  across the country who are doing amazing and inspiring works. Was fortunate enough to get a chance to serve for this cause as part of org




Below video is a testimonial of one of the the students in Shivamogga district who attending Disha workshop. This is what when inspires us to keep walking. :). Disha still continues its tireless efforts and is now expanding its wings, shining a million times brighter than it ever did before. :-) 


Feedback from students of Sahyadri College Shivamogga
Posted by Disha on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

No comments: