Saturday, April 18, 2015

SIT Tumkur - Sweet Memories

Although Siddaganga Institute of Technology (SIT), Tumkur is not a college that went for engineering or masters, I have profound memories of this institution :). Being inside SIT is a calm and enriching experience. SIT is known for its hospitality and I am happy to say that I have experienced it each and every time I have been there.

My first visit was as part of MSRIT Chess team back in 2008. It was my first university level competition and I was super exited about it. Learnt a lot during those days and was introduced to the genius of Bobby Fischer by Abhishek and Suhas. :) Learnt from awesome game play of Inchara! Made lot of friends :) and, I did manage to win the only match I played :D. Overall, it was very exciting and enriching experience. Later, I revisited for VTU Chess team selection and had a challenging time where I went thru a steep learning curve. :) Each of these two times, we were taken care by the college very well memories still run fresh in my mind!
 After a gap of 4 years and 2 degrees, I revisited SIT for presenting a paper in an International conference. It was professionally organised and I learnt a lot during this 2 day event while staying at the campus itself. I met few other research scholars and professors who were working on various research areas.

Association with SIT did not stop at that. SIT, recently got autonomous status under VTU. As part of their M.Tech curriculum, they introduced a component for evaluation by industry experts so that they get industry perspective and mentoring. I was called upon as one such industry expert and was given task of mentoring and evaluating 7 projects. This evaluation happened in 2 stages; first one was mid-term evaluation and second evaluation was final evaluation. This was the 4th and 5th time when I visited SIT. Last two were by far the most challenging and most important visits for me. :) I always look forward to my next visit to SIT, when ever it may, whatever may be the occasion. It will always remain a place, very close to my heart.


No comments: